Glazed Maple Shortbread Cookies
1 Cup butter, softened
1/4 Cup sugar
3 Tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp maple extract
1 3/4 Cups flour
3/4 Cup confectioners' sugar
1/3 Cup maple syrup
1. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and cornstarch until blended. Beat in extract. Gradually add flour and mix until combined.
2. Shape dough into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 45 minutes or until firm enough to roll.
3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to 1/4" thickness. Cut with a cookie cutter. Place 1" apart on parchment lined cookie sheets.
4. Bake 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from pans to cool completely.
5. In a small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth. Spread over cookies. Let dry completely before storing in air-tight container.
Yield: ~2 dozen 2" cookies
(courtesy of Taste of Home)
Berry Jello Pie
3 ounces of Jello (not sugar-free!!!!)
2/3 Cup boiling water
2 Cups of ice cubes
8 ounces whipped topping, thawed
1 Cup sliced berries
1 pre-made graham crust (chocolate or shortbread works well too!)
1. In a large bowl, dissolve Jello in boiling water, stirring~3 minutes.
2. Add ice and stir until thickened (2-3 minutes). Remove any unmelted ice.
3. Fold in whipped topping until completely mixed. Fold in berries.
4. Pour into pie crust. Decorate with additional berries if desired. Chill several hours until completely set.